STARZPLAY, the international premium streaming service from STARZ, released the official key art and trailer for the second season of the hit hour-long drama “Hightown,” premiering on Sunday, 17 October. The series will stream on the platform across Europe, Latin America and Japan, with new episodes available every Sunday.
The series from Emmy® Award–winner Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Top Gun: Maverick, “CSI” franchise) and Lionsgate Television is created by Rebecca Cutter (“Gotham”), who makes her television directorial debut this season. Academy Award®–nominated filmmaker Rachel Morrison (Mudbound, Fruitvale Station) directs two episodes of the ten-episode second season. Lead actress Monica Raymund (“Chicago Fire,” “The Good Wife”), Brandon Sonnier (“L.A.’s Finest”), Radium Cheung (“The Sinner”), Antonio Negret (“Prodigal Son”) and Eagle Egilsson (“The Wire”) also directed this season.
In the second season of “Hightown,” the picture-perfect version of summer on Cape Cod clashes with its off-season reality. Jackie Quinones (Monica Raymund) achieving her dream of becoming a real cop, is out to do some good in this world. Thrust immediately into the crime wave of deadly carfentanyl flooding the Cape, Jackie is laser-focused on bringing down drug dealer Frankie Cuevas (Amaury Nolasco), the man Jackie holds responsible for the death of her best friend, Junior. For Jackie, it is personal but then again, for Jackie, everything is personal. When Frankie’s cousin Jorge (Luis Guzmán) joins his operation, he introduces a new level of violence and chaos. With disgraced officer Ray Abruzzo (James Badge Dale) off the force and mired in depression, Jackie finds a new partner in Leslie (Tonya Glanz), the only other female on the force. Through it all, Jackie must walk the tightrope of sobriety as she struggles to stay above an ocean of secrets, betrayal and the shame and failure of her past.
Monica Raymund, James Badge Dale (“24,” The Kitchen), Riley Voelkel (“Roswell, New Mexico,” “The Originals”), Amaury Nolasco (“Prison Break,” “Deception”), Atkins Estimond (“The Resident,” “Lodge 49”) and Dohn Norwood (“Mindhunter,” “The Sinner”) return in their previous roles. Luis Guzmán (Traffic, “Code Black”) guest stars as Jorge Cuevas, Frankie’s charmingly hilarious but deadly cousin. Season two guest stars also include Jona Xiao (Gifted, “Being Mary Jane”) as Daisy, Carlos Gómez (“Law & Order True Crime,” “Madame Secretary”) as Rafael Quinones, Mark Boone Junior (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Paradise City”) as Petey, Cecil Blutcher (Premature, “Random Acts of Flyness”) as Vernon and Crystal Lee Brown (“Black Lightning,” “Mindhunter”) as Janelle.
“Hightown” is created and executive produced by Rebecca Cutter (“Gotham”) with Gary Lennon (“Power,” “Euphoria”) executive producing with Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Top Gun: Maverick,” “CSI” franchise), Jonathan Littman (“Lucifer,” “The Amazing Race,” “CSI” franchise) and KristieAnne Reed (“Lucifer,” “CSI: Las Vegas”) from Jerry Bruckheimer TV; Ellen H. Schwartz also serves as executive producer.
STARZPLAY subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programming including STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter in the “Power” Universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; 2020 Emmy®-nominated series such as the thought-provoking millennial comedy “Ramy” from Muslim-American comedian Ramy Youssef, the genre-bending period dramedy “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV™ models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
Follow STARZPLAY on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
STARZ continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform. STARZPLAY’s rapid expansion into more than 59 countries since its launch in May of 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers access to the “best in global SVOD.” The content offering is comprised of the entire catalog of STARZ premium content, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US, exclusive award-winning and critically acclaimed first-run series and a vast library of blockbuster feature films. STARZPLAY is available through its direct-to-consumer app in 13 countries; on global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies; and other online and digital platforms across its footprint spanning across Canada, Europe, India, Indonesia, Japan and Latin America.
Many Thanks To The Following Website For This Valuable Content.
Content Source Here